Sunday, November 1, 2015

Tim's Tag for November!

I'm not real sure where October went, but here we are on November 1st and that means it's time for a new tag.

Here's Tim Holtz's tag--love love love that background!!

And here's mine:


This is probably my favorite background...like ever.  Too bad that fat pumpkin is covering up all the really cool splotches!  ;-)

I followed Tim's recipe fairly closely.  I deviated on the letters, because my tags are smaller than Tim's and the "negative" technique he used wouldn't fit on my tag.  I love the way the letters have that tone-on-tone look, fading a bit into the tag.

I also didn't have any gold foil, so I picked up some gold acrylic paint on my finger, then gently wiped it off on the edge of the tag in a few places.  I then wiped the excess off on the pumpkin and leaves so they have an ever-so-slight shimmer.

And that's it for me!

Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for dropping in to check out my tag!!  I appreciate your visit!


Stay crafty--

~Cynthia

2 comments:

sally said...

Been too busy today to join in so far unlike you....you always seem to be one of the earliest to join! I do plan to try & get a tag done this month despite shortages (as usual!)

Sally

Jules said...

Hi cynthia

Stranger alert!!!

Apologies for not calling by for so long .. .. the weddings have been manic this year .. .. and now Christmas is taking over instead LOL!!

I hope that all is good with you and life is being kind.

I enjoyed looking back over all your gorgeous tags .. ..those Angry Birds make me smile every time I see them.

Have a good weekend when it arrives.

Love Jules xx