Yep, time flies and then it's Tim's Tag Day!
As usual, I had none (NONE) of the products Tim Holtz used to create his super fun and really cool tag, which you can see here.
BUT.
Since these sweet little die cuts arrived at my house, I have been waiting (im)patiently to create something with them.
Check it-----
I *did* follow Tim's idea of layering parts of the die cuts. There are two birds, layered. I adhered the eyes to the bottom layer to give them a sunken look. And there are two pumpkins layered as well.
Then I added lots of sparkle to the hat and the pumpkin.
All the coloring was done with Distress Inks and Markers and a bit of Distress Paint.
I added the tie as an afterthought. But I think it totally makes the bird, amIright?? ;-)
Happy October, y'all!! And thanks so much for dropping by today!
~Cynthia
As usual, I had none (NONE) of the products Tim Holtz used to create his super fun and really cool tag, which you can see here.
BUT.
Since these sweet little die cuts arrived at my house, I have been waiting (im)patiently to create something with them.
Check it-----
I *did* follow Tim's idea of layering parts of the die cuts. There are two birds, layered. I adhered the eyes to the bottom layer to give them a sunken look. And there are two pumpkins layered as well.
Then I added lots of sparkle to the hat and the pumpkin.
All the coloring was done with Distress Inks and Markers and a bit of Distress Paint.
I added the tie as an afterthought. But I think it totally makes the bird, amIright?? ;-)
Happy October, y'all!! And thanks so much for dropping by today!
~Cynthia
12 comments:
This is so hilarious. Love, love it! What a smart way to create without all the dies the Master uses ;)
I know what you mean --- I didn't have the dies or the emphemera either so I "winged it" with another bird! "Great" minds think alike, I suspect!
Awwwww! This is soooo adorable! Great job! So talented!
I've not yet checked out the main mans tag but this looks great! I have the birds/dies and was already thinking I might do something along those lines! Ordered the accessories/dies just yesterday whilst I'm over visiting the family in Maine.
Sally
Tim says many times to use our own creativity. That is what I so. So I like how you created your own version of the October tag. Cute and such a nice background:)
This is such a cool tag!!! I wish I was that creative. Thanks for sharing.
Okay ... way cool Bird ! Fun details on this bird and cool background !
A great version of Tim's tag - with your Bird Crazy owl all decked out for Halloween!
Very nice use of the Crazy Birds. I love the dimensional bloodshot eyes, colors are great too.
LOVE your tag!!! LOVE that scaredy bird!!!
Very fun! And yes, the tie is perfect! Love this little guy - xx Lynn
Love your gorgeous background and the way you adapted the Crazy Birds to fit the theme. Very clever and gorgeous too Karen
Post a Comment