Monday, November 10, 2014

Week In The Life

Ali Edwards ran her Week in the Life project this year from Oct 27 to Nov 2.  I was a bit of a rebel.  I prefer my weeks to start on Sunday, so I just moved it one day back.  :-)

I really wanted to use stuff I had on hand, so I grabbed an old, bought-on-clearance Smash Book and went to town.  It really was the perfect size--and I had plenty of pages too!  I loved it so much I bought another Smash Book for next year!!  (Yes, yes. I know.  It totally defeats the purpose of using stuff I have on hand.  SIGH.)

Here are a few pages from 2014's Week in the Life............


I loved the mix of pages in the Smash Book.  There were printed images and words on most pages. I tried to not cover them, but to highlight them with Distress Markers.



I also loved it when a particular page went perfectly with a photo, like this flower (above) from Wednesday.  (Excuse the wonky writing--I'm trying to learn some art journaling fonts.)



We had reallllllllly lovely weather that week.  I tried to hike as much as I could.


On Thursday (above), my Mom and I went to North Carolina's Blue Ridge Parkway.  More beautiful weather and gorgeous scenery!



On the last day, Tim Holtz posted his November Tag so I played along and got all inky!  While eating Halloween candy....of course.




I'll be doing two new (to me) projects in 2015.  One is Stephanie Ackerman's Documented Faith and in conjunction with that is Art to the Fifth's the Documented Life Project.

Both are free!  I'm already excited to see what craftiness (crafty-mess??) both of these projects will bring to 2015.  I've already done a few things to prep the journal/planner the classes use.  Check them out if you are looking to step out of your comfort zone!


And that's it for me today.  Thanks for dropping in!  Stay crafty, my friends!  :-)


~Cynthia

4 comments:

sally said...

I will be looking out for you on the "documented Life Project" next year then!

Sally

Cynthia said...

Yay, Sally!! :-) Did you do the DLP this year too??

farmhouse-story said...

your printed fonts like great, cynthia! they really add alot to your pages! i took a 3mo break from blogging and am trying to get back into things:) hope you are doing well!

Bonnie said...

What luck you had such beautiful weather that week! I like your journalling and especially your Halloween candy!