Saturday, November 1, 2014

Tim's Tag Time!!

Gosh, has it been another whole month already??  It seems like I just posted the October tag two days ago!!  :-O

Sir Tim has created another gorgeous tag for this month and you can see that here.

AS USUAL I don't have all the fancy toys he has, so I went MacGyver on this tag big time.  I got super inky in the process!!  Love it!


Step One:  Distress Paint the heck out of a tag and then root around for an embossing folder that looks fallish:



Step Two:  Panic because you don't have the gold foil stuff Tim used.  Use gold embossing powder instead.  Watch as gold embossing powder goes everywhere.  Did I mention that gold embossing powder goes everywhere?  It does.



Step Three:  Spend way. too. much. dang. time trying to find some cardboard stuff.  Spend way. too. much. time fiddling with a leaf die cut.  Give up after three attempts and make do.  Attach to Distress Painted tag.  Go to distress edges of leaf cutout with ink.  Notice that there is now gold embossing powder on your beloved Gathered Twigs Distress Ink pad.


Step Four:  Eat some Halloween candy and feel better.

Step Five:  Flick brown ink on tag.  Realize you have no Distress Sprays.  Pout.

Step Six:  Smoosh Tarnished Brass Distress Stain on your craft sheet, spray liberally with water.  Make a huge mess.  Sop some up with a paint brush and flick it on the tag.  Feel pretty good about your MacGyver skills.

Step Seven:  Eat more Halloween candy.



Step Eight:  CAREFULLY press rub-on words onto a vial label. Remember that you believe rub-ons are evil.

Step Nine:  Eat more Halloween candy.

Step Ten:  Admire rubbed-on words.

Steps Eleven, Twelve and Thirteen:  Add Philosophy Tag thingy (it says LISTEN) with bakers twine and pop dots.  Ink up some seam binding for the tag topper.  Distress edges of tag and brush with gold-embossing-powder-covered-Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

Step Fourteen:  Eat more Halloween candy.

Step Fifteen:  Admire finished MacGyver-ed November Tag.  Notice there is gold embossing powder on your computer screen.




Step Sixteen:  Eat more Halloween candy.  Repeat as needed.




Thanks so much for stopping in today!!

And Happy Fall, y'all!!  :-)



~Cynthia

6 comments:

Cathy Parlitsis said...

OMG, Cynthia! I am hysterical! I LOVED your blog post! My tag was a total MacGyver too!!! You perfectly described a typical day in my Craft Room! Great tag too! Thanks for the laugh today.
Hugs,
cathy

Unknown said...

You have so cheered me up LOL Still laughing at your hilarious blog post. Still a great tag though - despite the uncontrollable spread of gold embossing powder!!!

Kathy Manna said...

I love your tag AND your post! So funny and so true! My adventure was almost exactly the same. Only difference was that I did not think to eat Halloween candy and also, when I finished, I had the ugliest tag ever. (Guess I should have had some candy too!) I will be making another tag soon. Wish me luck! Kathy (www.LimeGreenFlamingo.blogspot.com)

sally said...

Brilliantly funny post full of improvising skills & candy!

Sally

Bonnie said...

This certainly turned out beautifully! I think it must have been all that Halloween candy! And all embossing powder goes everywhere, not just the gold!

farmhouse-story said...

so fun! love this gorgeous tag!