Monday, September 1, 2014

Tim's Tag for September!!

It's the first of the month and you know what that means!!

Tim's Tag Time!!!!!!

Head over to Tim Holtz's blog for all the details and directions and secret recipes.  ;-)

Tim did this cool ghosting thing with alcohol inks on glossy cardstock.

Here's how my first attempt turned out:

See any ghosting?  No?  Me neither.  So I went to Plan B which was to use the kinda cool backgrounds I ended up with and SMOOSH the Alcohol Ink Blending Solution through the stencil onto the tag.

BINGO.

Worked so nicely that way!

Check it:


Oooooooo.  Ghostly!


Then I stamped this image on the tag:





One of my faves and I was so excited to use it!

See that headdress thingy going on?  I smooshed more Alcohol Inks on another piece of glossy cardstock then die cut feathers from that.  And then I rubbed on some Remnant Rubs to the ghostly tag and glued and pop-dotted the feathers on too.

Which gave me THIS:




Whoah!  Nice, eh?

I mighta sorta went and gone a little crazy on this one.  Since I forgot to stamp script on my feathers like Tim did on his butterflies, I just die cut MORE feathers, stamped script and added them!  WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!

It's kinda funky, but I had fun and got all inky and so there ya have it!


Thanks so much for checking this one out!



Peace, love and Alcohol Ink feathers!!


~Cynthia

13 comments:

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Great job! I'm glad to see that you finally got the technique to work. Maybe I need to go back and reapply more solution through the stencil to all those pieces I was going to toss.

Hetty said...

I love the feathers,what a wonderful and creative idea!

Tamara said...

wow love your feathers, so nice.

Christina said...

Great take on Tim's tag! I love the feathers , they make a great focal point on the tag!

Cathy Parlitsis said...

It's so funny that you used leaves! That was my first thought when I saw Tim's Tag this month! GREAT job!

My Happy Place by Vanessa said...

Cool! I like you did your own thing!

~ Vanessa W

Bonnie said...

A wonderful background and I LOVE those feathers, even the ones without the script! You have outdone yourself!

farmhouse-story said...

fabulous job, cynthia!! the feathers are such a clever idea!

crafty creations said...

Great interpretation of Tims tag Cynthia - love the feathers

Hilda x

pmstamper said...

Wow. Looks so pretty! Like how you used the feathers and that gives your tag your own individual look. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Tincan Crafter said...

I loved the headdress feathers - it totally works and it jumped out at me over at Tim Holtz. Awesome tag!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Love reading your post and how you arrived at your wonderful tag. I think it is brilliant!!!

Hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Great idea. That headdress looks fab. I too had a couple of takes before I perfected the technique ;-)