Sunday, June 1, 2014

Tim's June Tag!!

Yep, it's June 1st and Tim Holtz is on the ball with his latest tag!  Check it out--love the colors and the technique he used with stencils!

Here's my take....


Sorry about the horrid photo.  The sun went down hours ago!  ;-)

It took me a few tries to find a stencil I liked.  The first ones didn't have enough "blank" space to get much color on the tag.  I love the Dylusions circle stencil.  Perfect for a summery/oceany tag!

I used lots of Distress Inks too.  Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey and Broken China.  The Broken China mixed with all those yellowy colors and made a beautiful green!  I misted the stencil and pressed it on a piece of watercolor paper.

The effect is just SO. COOL.

Then I totally held my breath and stamped the seahorses in a row.  Not too bad!  :-)

Next I stamped the seahorses again, on watercolor paper, and cut them out.  (ETA:  And used pop dots for some dimension.)

Then I held my breath AGAIN and stamped the Serenity on the side.

Whew!  Got it straight-ish!!  =D

I distressed the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

I added the token and the stars, plus the Distress Ink-colored seam binding.

And then I called it a day...er...night!


So that's it for me.  I'm headed to wash the ink off my very ink fingers!!  LOL!!



Thanks so much for dropping by!

~Cynthia

9 comments:

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Wow, talk about being quick. Even with a late post you got it in straight away. :) Great tag though, love the yellows and sea horses.

farmhouse-story said...

loving how you invented the bkgd--great tag, cynthia!

Belinda Basson said...

I waited up till 11pm my time for his tag to post...but alas he was still either traveling or making it...I woke to his wonderful tag this morning and made mine quickly before going to work! I love your take on his idea.

Sue said...

Beautiful tag! Serenity is right when you are at the beach!

Bonnie said...

This is fantastic, Cynthia! It needs to be displayed so I hope you have a frame that will fit it! Glad to hear someone else holds their breath when they stamp.

Alison said...

I love those seahorses! Great tag Cynthia!
Alison x

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

I love your tag! is so cute.

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Fabby tag!!! I love the background very much!

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I think you will find all Christmas trees should have hearts .. .. in fact everything in the world LOL!!

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

The Nonna said...

This is a very awesome tag! You do such great work and I always am left wondering how you did something - like why do those seahorses look like that and how do you come up with such creative stuff?!!
And where are YOU??????????????????